1. Our commitment to privacy
2. Types of personal information we collect and hold
The types of personal information we collect and hold will vary depending on your dealings with us and the products, services and benefits we provide to you, or a request or inquiry you may make in relation to such products, benefits and services. This information may include any or all of the following:
- Name, address(es), telephone number(s) and other contact details;
- Electronic address(es);
- Date of birth;
- Your credit card and/or payment details;
- Vehicle details including registration, model, colour, history and any additional information need to provide our services and products to you;
- Transaction details relating to your use of our products, services or benefits;
- Your social media preferences;
- Location data; and
- Any preferences you tell us about or any other information that you provide.
We may collect and hold sensitive information to allow us to provide our services more effectively to you.
Please see the Direct Marketing section of this policy for more examples of the kinds of personal information we collect.
Website cookies and digital services
Information is also generated and collected whenever a page is accessed on our website that records information such as the time, date and specific page. We collect such information for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to continually evaluate our website performance. Some parts of our websites also use “cookies”. A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive by a web page server. Cookies store information about the use of our website and are used to identify new or previous visitors to the website and what pages have been accessed. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies, but this function can usually be disabled manually by you if you wish. Please note that if you do disable this, not all functionality on our websites will be available to you.
We also use the information through cookies to optimise advertisement selection for groups of individuals based upon the information collected.
- Why we collect and hold personal information
Generally, we collect, hold and use personal information about you to provide a range of products, services and benefits to you relating to their motoring and related lifestyle needs.
We also collect personal information to assist in identifying ways in which we can serve you better, such as providing our products and services to you more effectively, statistical business analysis and to assist our internal administration and operations including but not limited to accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development and testing, marketing, and staff training.
Some of the information we collect is for the purpose of improving our interaction with you and your involvement with us.
5. How we collect information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you and through our mobile app, such as when you purchase, are otherwise provided with or request a product or service, in the course of providing you with that product or service through your vehicle’s fleet/lease provider (if any), or when you have other dealings with us.
We may collect and update that information over the phone, over the Internet, in person (e.g. when you visit us), when you write to us or if you participate in our marketing campaigns.
- Storage and protection of personal information
We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records. We have taken steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
While we undertake reasonable steps to protect your personal information, no guarantee can be given that information sent over the Internet or electronically is always 100% secure. Sending and receiving information over the Internet is at the user’s risk. However, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure your data is used and stored securely once we received it.
7. How we use and disclose personal information
We may use and disclose your personal information for a variety of purposes in connection with providing services to you and in relation to our business operations. These may include:
- Processing and administering all your dealings with us;
- Providing you with the products and services you have requested from us;
- Developing processes, products, services and benefits to better meet your needs;
- We may also use your personal information to offer or provide you with loyalty benefits, discounts or other information about such schemes that may be operated by us or third parties. This includes:
- Obtaining details about how you acquire and use our products, services and benefits;
- Rewarding you for utilising our products and services through mechanisms such as discounts, general products, special pricing offers and prizes; and
- Direct marketing to you.
8. Direct marketing
We collect personal information so that we can provide you with useful and relevant information about our products and services. Generally, we collect this information directly from you. In some circumstances, however, we collect personal information from third parties, including from our franchisees, our roadside assistance sales partners, other service providers and social media platforms. We use the information we, or our various service providers, collect to assist us in determining how we can best engage with our customers about our products and services. To this end, we, or our service providers, may collect information about your social media preferences and activities so that we can engage with our customers on social media sites. We may also collect certain demographic information and behavioural information from social media platforms to better serve consumers with more targeted advertising.
At times, we use tools that enable us to identify the online sources of the telephone sales enquiries that we receive. The information we collect through these tools includes the time and date of the call, the geographical location of the call, the telephone number of the caller (unless withheld), device identification information of your mobile phone, and the IP address of the device the caller used to arrive at our website. The collection of this information helps us to determine the effectiveness of our services and marketing campaigns.
If we do not collect information in the ways described above, we may not be able to let you know about our products and services in the most effective way.
We may use and disclose the information we collect for the purpose of providing you with tailored marketing communications about our goods and services (and the goods and services of our business partners and franchisees), or to conduct market research. Typically, we send these communications to your email address or mailing address. Occasionally, we may also send marketing communications to your social media accounts (for example, your Facebook account).
We may also disclose your personal information to our related companies, to our franchisees, to our other business partners, and other service providers, to give you information and offers about products and services offered by us.
9. Opting out of direct marketing
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing information from us, please use the contact details below to update your preferences, or use the unsubscribe feature on our electronic marketing communications. Please note that if you make such a request:
- We may still need to use your personal information to provide you with the services and products you have requested as a customer; and
- It may not be possible for us to immediately action a request to cease receiving any or all direct marketing material. However, we will respond to such requests as soon as practicable and will make all reasonable efforts to promptly activate a change in preference or an opt-out of receiving future direct marketing material.
We will not sell or rent your personal information without your consent. We may disclose your personal information where we are required or authorised by law to disclose your personal information or for any purposes connected to a fraud, crime prevention or impropriety investigation.
10. Access to, and correction of, personal information
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, hold, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, please contact us via the contact details listed below to update your personal details.
In the first instance, we will ask you to provide some of the identification, such as your driver’s licence, to ensure that you have the right to access the information.
11. Contacting us
- Write to: 77 New South Head Rd, Vaucluse
- Call us on 02 9337 2037
- Email us at email@example.com